Patent Information Centre (PIC)
GUJCOST has instituted Patent Information Centre (PIC) in 2002 with the support of DST, Govt. of India to provide awareness on IPRs and specific issues related to patenting and procedure by organizing seminar, conference etc. The PIC aims to enhance the quality of invention and innovation to increase the number of Intellectual Property registration from the state and facilitating for the patent search and IPRs registration for the Academic, Research Institutes and MSME as well as for the innovators from the unorganized sectors
A Patent Information Centre (PIC), Gujarat has been set up under Gujarat Council on Science and Technology at Gandhinagar in collaboration with Patent Facilitation Centre, Technology Information, For ecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi This centre is providing regional level services regarding various Intellectual Property Rights. Patent Information Centre in collaboration with TIF AC is facilitating for the patent search and Patent registration for the Academic and Research Institutes. Patent Information Centre (PIC) is also providing general awareness on patent & specific issues related to other IPRs by organizing Seminar, Conference etc. and publication of Information material on Intellectual property Rights to create a strong IPR base in the state, to enhance the quality of Invention, innovation to increase the number of Intellectual Property Registration from the state. Patent In formation Centre(PIC), GUJCOST have established IP facilitation Centre from the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises especially for MSMEs.
Objectives of Patent Information Centre (PIC):
- To provide a conducive environment leading to development of intellectual property
- To facilitate, encourage, promote and safeguard scientific investigation and research and the freedom of the scholars involved in R&D;
- To establish an IPR management policy and procedural guidelines for making available to the publi c the inventions and discoveries made in the course of research carried out in the State;
- To frame standards for do’s and don’ts for the Institute, creators of intellectual property and their sponsors relating to inventions, discoveries and original works originating from the Institute;
- To promote, facilitate and provide incentives to the members of the community of creators who take initiatives to transfer Institute intellectual property to the public under this Policy;
- To make the creator of IPR aware of the applicable laws and rules for ensuring their compliance; and
- To make beneficial use of such developed IP for the maximum possible benefit of the creators, the State, and the nation at large.
- To promote academic freedom and safeguard in creation of intellectual property at the Institute;
- To provide a comprehensive single window reference system for all intellectual property rights issues relating to intellectual property generated in the State;
- To safeguard the interest of creator of intellectual prope rty and provide fair distribution of returns accruing from the commercialization of IPR;
- To help in introducing prudent IP management practices within the State to promote an IPR culture;
- To provide legal support, wherever necessary, to defend and protect the intellectual property rights obtained by the inventor against any infringement/ unauthorized use;
- To create an environment for acquiring new knowledge through innovation and research, compatible with the educational mission of the State;
- To preserve the academic freedom to publish the research results and to make them aware that if they do decide on public release, the patent system cannot be brought into play thereafter.
Read more at: https://gujcost.gujarat.gov.in/patent-information-centre.htm
Contact Details: Dr. NarottamSahoo
Advisor and Member Secretary
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For Creating Awareness and Providing Services on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), IP Support Centres Have Been Established in Various Academic Institutions to Support Startups :